Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Fountainhead

if you want to know a little bit more about my view of life, go read Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. i've only just started on it, but so far, the 2 main characters, Roark and Keating are very much what i am: i was born to be like Keating, but i want to be Roark.

it's odd, considering how the 2 of them form 2 mutually exclusive extremes. and i struggle to keep the tension resulting from this contradiction in my outlook in life from pulling me asunder. it doesn't help that i have neither of their talents and that i would most probably be condemned to mediocrity for life.

perhaps that is why i can be so mean sometimes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're sure it's wise to find inspiration in the morality of Ayn Rand? Just a thought.

11:42 AM

 
Blogger rench00 said...

i don't agree with everything that she espoused. that doesn't change the fact that i identify with the two characters that i mentioned.

11:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was what I was wondering after I left the note, yes. I did realise that all books that catch readers only do so because they contain characters that readers can and do idenify with-- sometimes even when the philosophy being espoused implicitly or explicitly is in direct opposition to what the reader believes in.

9:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home