Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Blair, Liar?

Just read this article in TODAY. John Howard called Blair a liar. Bring that into the Singaporean context, it would be equivalent to Chee Soon Juan calling the PM a liar. What do you think would happen? Defamation suits galore, bankcruptcy, bye bye Dr Chee.

But of course, it's alright if MM (then SM) calls Dr Chee a 'congenital liar'. Why har?

Anyways, back to Blair. what a name? Blair... BLEAAAARGH. like some violent reaction to some seriously nasty food. But he does have some charm. He might be a liar, but he does it with some aplomb. I wonder what his response to that nurse's question was. (During some public forum thing, a nurse asked Blair whether he would wipe someone's ass for 5 pounds and hour. I would like to see that happening in Singapore. erm... not Blair wiping someone's arse for 5 pounds and hour. But someone asking our PM some similarly difficult questions...).

I wonder whether the Tories will win this elections. It does seem that John Howard is slightly more effective the IDS. More presence.

It is strange how I feel that I can say all I like about British politics but I think twice (more than twice in fact) about commenting on Singapore politics. I must admit, I do feel threatened that if I say something wrong, that I will be persecuted by ISD or any other secret, unknown, unheard of agency that gets rid of political dissidents.

I think that that might be what happened to some of the people featured on the show 'Missing'. I think that they are either secretly against the PAP, but were found out and thus taken away, never to be seen again. Or perhaps they were secretly spies for another country.

But yar. I wonder whether Singapore will ever become a country where we can have comedians openly lampooning our politicians (without fear of retribution) the way Bremner, Bird and Fortune do in UK.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rambling Alcoholic said...

Eh, damn free ar Mr Scholar. HUH. Lobo at work that u have to blog 3 times in an hour eh? hahaha.

what's with e underwear entry. aiyah, guys dun wear beta lah. cooling like mad. girls go commando also damn shiok. heh.

-sa

4:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home