Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Romance?

Following on from the previous post.

So... if we are just merely automatons, merely following the diktat of our genes, then does that mean that there is no room for love and romance?

of courese there is. love and romance are but another 2 mechanisms that aid in the propogation of our genes. so... if we don't think about it, i.e. don't consciously think that love and romance are but mechanism that aid in the propogation of our genes, we can still enjoy 'love' and 'romance'.

ah well... something from shakespeare about love:
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs;
Being purg'd, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes;
Being vex'd, a sea nourish'd with lovers' tears;
What is it else? A madness most discreet,
A choking gall, and a preserving sweet.

for more on romance, read that post that had bits from meet joe black here. i really want to watch that show again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home