Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

And I thought that would help...

I was so super tired in the office today. A small price to pay for a wonderful chat the evening before. But it was quite tough fighting the Z-Monster. and just as i thought i would lose, i remembered that i have not visited comics.com for a LONG time. it was a possible recourse.

Alas, Get Fuzzy and Dilbert only managed to postpone the inevitable (cue Agent Smith: "Do you hear that Mr Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."). i eventually did doze off. and that was while i was chatting to Shu. and because i was dozing off, i was in such a confused state that i couldn't remember whether i actually did chat to shu. it was one of those moments when i couldn't really be sure whether i was awake or whether i was dreaming. actually... most of my life is like that. but nvm. that's a story for another day.

so yar. fortunately, no one actually caught me dozing off. otherwise... my grand plan of acting busy would no longer work. i tell you... all those years in Chinese Drama (that was my ECA in Secondary School... ok... you can stop laughing now...) finally paid off. it's all in the furrow of the brow and the worried look in the eyes. that is the secret to acting busy. oh... and make sure that your colleagues are too busy with their own work to check with one another how much work they have given you. and then you are in the home straight. one shortcoming though. this plan only works if you are in NS. erm... or if you are only using your current job as a stepping stone to something else. or better yet... if your current job is a stop gap. then yar. act busy for a few months, then when they start to realise that you aren't really doing much, switch jobs. brilliant eh?

i have no ethics. it's dilbert's fault. all my work ethics, i picked up from dilbert. it is one of my favourite comic strips. that and Get Fuzzy. and Calvin and Hobbes. these must be my three fav. comic strips. i wonder whether a kid like Calvin actually exists. i think he would definitely be branded a failure in the Singaporean education system.

i wonder whether i should tell Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam that when i next see him. imagine, "Minister, sir, you should change the education in Singapore cos Calvin would fail in it."

all kids should be made to read calvin and hobbes. that would inject some creativity into their otherwise staid and boring lives. all kids should be encouraged to be more like Calvin. yar right. and fail their exams? you must be out of your mind. but hey... shouldn't kids be given the choice of what they want to do? whether they want to be creative, or artistic, not do math, or science, or english? yar... they should. and they should (and will) choose something that will allow them to earn the most MOOLA. their wonderful parents will see to it that they do. societal conditioning will ensure that they will.

ohohoh... flashback! the image of me walking outside the Arts and Social Science (ASS) library in Bristol just popped into my head. and i'm walking into the dingy little food place there. i can even smell the place. oil, vinegar on chips. and it's... autumn. cold. but not that dreary yet. trees still have their auburn crowns. not quite the start of term. probably halfway through the first term.

and now it's spring. and i'm getting into a lift. a lift in the students' union. going up to the fifth floor. i shall stop here. must snap out of it.

right... where's my trance music? perhaps the mind numbing duntz duntz duntz of trance will purge these images from my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home