Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Silly Leather Jackets

read something on Jasmipoopz. i saw some of those people in those leather jackets at city hall mrt station.

while i am defending to death the right of people to wear leather jackets, i think that they looked absolutely stupid. not that they are stupid in anyways, but their appearance(in those leather jackets) was stupid, completely impractical and not aesthetically pleasing at all. they were so completely uncool (cos they just seemed like they were trying to follow something that they didn't understand, but simply doing it cos they have some weird, misguided notions of what wearing those leather jackets might do for their image...)

and gee... i wonder how much money they spent on those leather jackets? money that could have been better spent somewhere else. i mean, how many plates of chicken rice could they have bought if they didn't but those jackets? and all those plates of chicken rice could have fed so many malnourished children in third world nations. or they could have given that money to go build a hospital in Aceh. or they could have used that money to buy some provisions for the destitute in singapore (yes, there are destitute in Singapore. they can barely eke out an existence in modern Singaporean society, given the cost of living in Singapore). or they could have saved that money to pay for their own education in the future. or they could just have given that money to me. :)

but that is just my personal opinion. of course, they can choose to think that my opinion is a stupid one and go ahead and continue wearing those silly looking, impractical, probably very expensive and uncomfortable, leather jackets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home