Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Friday, July 08, 2005

POG

why can't we just be like ants? or bees? or develop some kind of a hive mind? perhaps a gaia model (a la Isaac Asimov's Foundation series).

but seeing as that won't happen in the near future, perhaps the challenge of any society would be: how to go about pursuing the greatest good (defined in the widest sense, materially, spiritually, intangibly, etc etc) for the largest number of people, while protecting the rights of the minority at the same time. and if you throw in international relations, and take into account the world as a whole (i.e. environmental issues which affect the whole world), then well... it's a damn complex mess.

so in the pursuit of democracy, let's bear in mind that it is an exercise in governance. and governance is complex. can't always let people have their say (seen monty python's life of brian? watch it and you'll know what i mean...). but must still let people have their say when possible.

so who wants to govern? who wants to fight for a better world? best be damn sure you are wise! (that naturally excludes me...)

p.s. POG=Principles of Governance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home