Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Transparency

the biggest issue that i have with the NKF case is not so much that the TT Durai earns that much money. it is that he was not transparent with how much he earns.

Davinder Singh puts a good case that the money that he earns comes from public funds. and hence the public have a right to know how much he earns. it is the same thing with how much our politicians earn.

the only conceiveable reason why he refuses to disclose how much he earns is if he feels that somehow, the public is going to think that he cannot justify earning that much money.

but i think that the public (i.e. people who donated) have only themselves to blame if they felt cheated. they should have done their research, finding out how the organisation they are donating to uses its funds, rather than just donate because of some smart marketing gimmick or some stupid charity show on TV. however, it would seem that this is too much work for most Singaporeans, resulting in money going to places which do not really use the funds most efficiently. and the people who suffer are those who are actually in need of these funds.

in other words, public education is very important in ensuring that we get the biggest bang for the buck when it comes to funds that we donate to charity. perhaps it is time for people to start learning more about the various charities and social services around.

on another completely unrelated note, i think Shaman King is quite a good anime. not as great as Kenshin, but good enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rambling Alcoholic said...

Watching Anime on Arts Central are we? And I totally agree with the public being at fault as well. I was trying to drill it into my 'auntie' of a colleague who felt 'cheated'. I said she had to share the blame for her naviety, which resulted in another half hour of her nagging. Shite.

10:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home