Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Emo

i got reminded over the weekend of the songs by the hongkong band, Beyond. spent much time listening to their songs over youtube.

i was reminded of their songs because one of Beyond's greatest songs,"海闊天空" was given new lyrics as a theme song (of sorts) for the Sichuan earthquake. (the new song is titled "承諾").

i used to listen to "海闊天空" and a few other of Beyond's songs a lot (i.e. put on endless repeat) in my first year of uni. hearing that tune again transported me back into that room and revived many many memories along with the corresponding emotions...

it didn't help that the video of "承諾" is... sigh... and another related one really gets the emo juices flowing. having said that, the videos can be fairly inspirational too.

well... not all that coherent... probably less so than normal. not that i'm very eloquent to begin with anyways...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home