Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

From Rugby

Cougars,
I know that any words of consolation that I attempt to offer will sound empty and nothing I say will assuage the great pain that you feel. Nor will I cheapen the sacrifices you made in your struggle for the plate by telling you that it was just a game.

But I do want apologize and to thank you.

I want to apologize for not being around more for you. I also want to apologize for not doing more for you. I wasn't even able to rouse the supporters to cheer for you with more spirit. I'm sorry.

I want to thank you for the perserverance, courage and strength that you have shown throughout your journey thus far. I cannot even begin to fathom how tough it must have been to get so far given where you started from. It has inspired me greatly.

I also want to thank you for the fun, laughter and even silliness that you have brought me. I will always recall fondly the couple of times we ran together. Thanks for making me feel part of you.

Finally, I have two wishes for you.

I wish that you would find that your blood, sweat and tears have made you stronger people. I also wish that the friendship and camaraderie amongst you that you have forged through surmounting the many challenges together will keep growing and that even many years later, you will still count on each other as you have done on the pitch.

Well... it has been tough coming thus far. I hope that you have found it worthwhile nonetheless. Do continue to strive and do your best in the rest of your endeavours as you have done for rugby.

Hopefully there will be a chance to run with you guys again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home