Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Revert

which according to Dictionary.com means:
  1. To return to a former condition, practice, subject, or belief
  2. Law. To return to the former owner or to the former owner's heirs. Used of money or property

so i'm pretty sure using the word 'revert' in the following way is wrong: "Please revert with your decision asap"

alas, you can find a lot of civil servants using the word in that way. in fact, i spotted that word being used that way in the Straits Times today!

not that i am a grammar Nazi or anything... but can you imagine someone emailing you asking for you to "revert to him asap"?

i've never been you before! and no, thank you very much, i'd rather be myself.

speaking of which. i must say that while my blog sounds right winged, i am not entirely so. a lot of what i write is for arguments' sake. it is written to challenge your (i.e. the readers') fundamental beliefs and assumptions (e.g. what makes you think what you think is "fair" is indeed "fair"?).

but i do admit, i have a right winged streak to me. and a left winged one too. perhaps the best way to understand me is to think of me as a fascist commie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not sure if yu have seen this. http://www.civilservant.org.uk/ under humour.

3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home