Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Gifted

there was a letter in the Today papers in response to an article GEP. which drew more letters to be written, which i shall not link (but links can be found here)

i have met many people who have been through GEP and are just wonderful people to be with. intelligent, capable, dependable, honest and frank.

the question i have is whether they would have turned out they way they did without having all the resources pumped in anyway.

other concern is whether, when they become AO's, PS's , Ministers, they will be able to empathise and have a true grasp of the sentiments on the ground and how the 'little' people feel.

but that is not solely their fault, nor that of MOE (though MOE isn't helping much either). Singaporean society just does not allow our students the bandwidth to develop the things which really matter but hold little ostensible economic value. things such as empathy, genuine concern for others, patience, humility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home