Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Fair?

something else came to me.

if we want to talk about fairness...

now why doesn't Australia (or any of the other countries pushing for ideals of "human rights") threaten trade sanctions (or whatever else they can use as a threat) on every single nation that produces drugs until the world is and remains free of drugs? that would solve the problem of there being addicts and drug traffickers (and hence making the whole death penalty to drug trafficker a non-issue). because then no one can choose to be an addict.

won't that be a much nicer world? one without drugs at all?

but would these countries who defend "human rights" go that far to really further the wellbeing of humanity? of course not.

and if the international community is really that serious about "human rights", they should consider doing something about the billions of starving in the world first before worrying themselves about something as inconsequential (relatively inconsequential) as the death penalty in Singapore.

let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. [ed: which is a flawed argument, which i'm only using now cos it suits my purpose. point being there really isn't anything that is right. at most, it's right for that time, in that context.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home