Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

About Children

bit of wisdom from JIS (Teochew version sounds a lot nicer...):
gu za eh nang, no kia si si sua seh,
(last time, people anyhow give birth to kids)
dong kim gai nang, seh jit kai zu da kao lo dong.
(now people have one kid like super big deal)

and i think the kids in the past turned out relatively well despite the situation. or perhaps because of the situation?

another bit of parenting tips from JIS:
communicate to children that whether they succeed or fail, it's up to them and no one else but them. after that, let go.

and it's back to the same point in the previous post. we have to bear the responsibility and consequences of our choices, our actions. that is what differentiates us from animals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home