Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Songs

reading Jos' post got me thinking. it didn't help that i was listening to some songs and running through the MP3s that I have.

beyond brings me back into a room full of brown wood, on the floors, the furniture, the mantle over the crackling gas heater turned up to full blast, reading chinese novels online, not realising that spring is turning into summer, a deserted corridor, solitude broken by a beaming smile from the carpark as i cooked dinner.

i still can't listen to moloko. a tiny room stashed away in an almost forgotten corner, nearly at the height of the canopy of the trees such that when dawn breaks, you hear the birds. warmth and gentle breathing, cramped cosiness. i don't think i ever got over that. guilt.

dancing in the moonlight. an erstwhile friend. confused relationships, lost through distance across a vast ocean, a growing chasm between lifestyles. not worth pursuing anymore. neither can be asked to.

norah jones. dinners in london. apartment at the edge of 2 worlds, a modern business district in an ancient city next to slums and pseudo-ghettos, divided only by the DLR tracks. regular runs along the river bank, running into the middle of bank on a sunday morning. heartbroken friend finding love, radioactive solitude in summer.

i agree with jos. it's weird how songs can transport one back to a moment in the past, complete with every single sensation, physical, mental and emotional.

nostalgia indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home