Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Justifying Pay

one of my lecturers suggested that we should pay teachers who teach in Normal Tech schools more than those who teach in the top schools. he is of the opnion that the teachers in the former group are the ones who work harder and actually educate.

he further thinks that teachers in the latter group don't really work. which is partially true. in those top schools, whether or not the teachers teach, the students will probably study on their own, get private tutors to help them, and somehow, through sheer genius still end up doing well.

methinks he has a point there. teachers in normal tech schools tend to deal with much more than just teaching. and so, if they really want to be good teachers, as opposed to just doing a job and passing time, then they really have to work very hard.

so perhaps we really should pay teachers who teach in normal tech schools more so that teachers in these schools will be more motivated to do a good job in educating these 'poor students' so that these students can then find their own way to success. this is aligned with our PM's vision of an inclusive society, of mountain ranges rather than just high peaks with many routes to success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home