Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Death by Chocolate


i went to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. it was enjoyable. though i thought Depp's portrayal of Wonka was a bit too dark. i remembered the Willy Wonka from the Roald Dahl's book to be slightly more avuncular.

i thought the show was rather surreal... in a good way. i absolutely loved the Oompa Lumpa's songs. for film aficionados, watch out for the homage to Edward Scissorhands and Kubrick's 2001.

i was contemplating going into a discussion on how the film alluded to issues of structural unemployment, economic restructuring and skills upgrading but it's too late at night. and i have to wake up early for class tomorrow. so i shall save this discussion for later. perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home