Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Cui Bono?

Why am I essentially giving I. free tuition?

Simply because he is capable of saying things like this:
"You know the person who put money in the letterbox arh? Wah... she altogether put $3000 leh. If I get $3000, I give my mother $1000, $1000 I put in bank, earn interest and $1000 I take and treat my friends."

At this point, I'd like to share a story that you might have heard/read before. But I think it's apt:

An elderly man was taking a stroll on a beach one evening. It was such a beautiful evening for a stroll. The setting sun gave the horizon a crimson red tinge. The tide was just receding. There was a gentle breeze.

In the distance, elderly man saw a little figure doing a strange dance. This little figure seemed to be bending down then flailing his arms wildly in the air. It was strange enough to pique the elderly man's curiousity. He walked closer to the figure and it dawned upon him that the little figure was a young boy. And he wasn't dancing. He was bending down, picking something up and throwing that something into the sea.

As the elderly man got even closer, he discovered what that young boy was picking up. Starfishes. The whole beach was littered with them. They must have been washed up as the tide came in and now are stranded as the tide receeded.

The elderly man was still pretty perplexed by what he saw. The elderly man got close enough to the boy to talk to him. The elderly man asked, "Young boy, why do you do what you do? Do you not see that the whole beach is littered with starfishes? There is no way you can make any difference."

The boy looked at the elderly man, smiled, bent down, picked up a starfish and, with all his might, flung it back into the sea.

"I made a difference to that one."

I know a starfish who needs and wants to find its way back to the sea. It's just 1. 1 life at a time. It isn't much, but because it isn't much, there is no reason why I shouldn't do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home