Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

A Moment of Eternity

we reached the end of the road. i looked at her, puzzled. "so where is it that you live?" I asked.

"We've passed it already," she replied casually.

"Erm..."

"I have to show you where the bus stop is..."

"No you don't. Don't be silly, " I insisted.

I pulled her arm and turned back. She resisted, tugging in the opposite direction. Our little tussle, our inane tug of courtesy must have looked really comical. But stubborn as both of us are, neither was willing to budge. We continued tugging, and as we did, somehow, strangely, her hand slipped into mine.

We stopped our tussle. She looked up at me pleadingly. I looked at her, falling subconsiously into her deeply mesmerizing gaze. All this this time, we held hands. It was a brief moment that felt like a blissful eternity. What transpired between us, I shall never comprehend.

I eventually relented. We walked to the bus stop and she accompanied me until the bus arrived. She sent me a text message when she got home, asking me to send her one when I did. I did. That process, less the tussle, was to be repeated 3 more times. Throughout that time, an angel rose. And fell. Adruptly.

Now she is gone. And all I have now are memories of times too sweet to hold on to and too painful to let go...

7 Comments:

Blogger tinrina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:43 AM

 
Blogger tinrina said...

Dun dwell too much on the past, though it really is easier said than done.. I miss the good old times too... Though the harsh cold reality just had to come between us (me and HY) then..
But that being said, good memories are still worth keeping. Just remember to move on :) This is what my "Boss's" SO told me too haha...
Btw, I replied to your comment :)

1:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why is conqueror of the universe in such a pensive mood these days?

we'll never understand why things end, or why they even started. but it's a wonderful feeling at times, feeling that much pain. it makes you feel very much alive.

2:25 AM

 
Blogger rench00 said...

yes, indeed. one must move on. and i think i am. but i still think about the past, still get affected by it once in a while.

why these few days? i don't really know... perhaps it's triggered by the readjustment brought on by the start of school...

and yes... i used to have a saying to myself: pain is good, pain is edifying, pain reminds me that i'm alive.

:)

10:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably. At least you have options.

Think about me and the lack of choices where I am (unless you count those 18 year olds, but cradle-snatcher I am not)

12:05 PM

 
Blogger garota said...

i love your more personal writings. this was a really nice one. thank you for sharing it. hugs from the land of kilts.

5:27 AM

 
Blogger Rambling Alcoholic said...

As the brother with no sympathy... i'll just say...

SUCK IT UP, WUSS!!

Haha... no, really, I know how you feel. Its all in the past already, no? So, don't dwell on it.

1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home