Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

In the ST today

was a column about the sacking of Alfin Sa'at. in it, Alfin said something to the extent that it is ironic that while MOE terminated his service as a relief teacher, some schools actually use his poems as text.

that guy just doesn't know what the hell he's saying. all A-level Physics students in Singapore learn Einstein's famous equation as well the photoelectric effect (which Einstein won the Nobel Prize for). but get Einstein to teach our A-level Physics students, and both Einstein and our students would end up killing each other.

put it simpler. if Shakespeare were still alive, do you think he would be able to teach in any and every school in Singapore? perhaps in the Raffles schools, or ACS(I). but put him in some of the second tier schools, and i think he too would quit as a teacher.

in short, a brilliant mind, a genius, while able to come up with things that other people study, might not be a good teacher as well. nothing ironic about that. that's just the way it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home