Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cougars, Fight On.

i watched the ruggers play in the plate semi-finals today.

i know close to nothing about Rugby.

i am not in charge of Rugby.

but what brought me there to support them today was the fact that i know a number of the ruggers. and in some strange ways, i feel some affinity for them.

i watched them play. i watched them fight. i felt their willpower straining against the onslaught of their opponents especially when their opponents were going for the second try. with every ounce of strength, courage and sheer grit and determination, our ruggers managed to hold their opponents off long enough such that by the time their opponents scored the second try, there was little time left. we then managed to hold on long enough to win the game.

were they cocky with the win? yes they were. but they were quick to check themselves. they were disciplined. and on the bus with back to college. i felt their passion, their camaraderie with one another, their spirit. they are a good team, not because they play the game extremely well, but because of the strength of character of the individuals in the team as well as of the team as a whole.

the experiences and lessons of being in that rugby team would stand them in very good stead later on in life.

watching them fight the way they did, and knowing how they have fought to get where they are has touched and inspired me.

thanks boys.

Cougars, fight on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home