Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

BBoyz

i've been working with this group of young breakdancers for a couple of months now. i got them their first gig in a while a couple of weeks ago. watching them perform in front of the GOH, taking photos with the GOH, having the GOH so impressed by them... it brought tears to my eyes (not quite la... but...)

it's like... i think i know how parents feel when they see their kids all grown up...

they performed again today... and this time, it was a paid gig. next up, next week. at the Jurong Lake Park. come and watch if you want... Saturday 1st April (it's not an April Fools' joke...) at about 6pm.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i realised you dont have a tag board... but anyway, i wanted to ask... how come the water in your sink turns in a clockwise direction but the water in aust here turns in an anti clockwise direction! gee... so, yixuan's bf says that it is because of the way the earth rotates.. yah.. but then so... why does it turn differently?? wouldnt gravity have an effect on it? it is not like the people nearer to the south pole walk on their heads right? save me my dearest cousin!

11:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an urban myth; the irregularities within your basin are more important in determining the initial conditions and hence the direction of the swirl. An easy test of this is to swirl the water in a bottle before you pour it out; it can eject the water in either the clockwise or anticlockwise direction based on the spin you give it.

The clockwise/ anticlockwise effect is an effect of the Earth's rotation called Coriolis force , and only affects really big systems-- much bigger than a sink, anyway

11:38 PM

 
Blogger jasmi said...

little things that make the pains in the necks worthwhile haha..

9:18 AM

 
Blogger rench00 said...

Shu... just as well that i have my fellow physics geek reading my blog...

for more information about the coriolis effect, go onto wikipedia (link on my blog...) and type in coriolis force. gives a fairly good explanation of what it is... will tell you more about it when you get back... hard to discribe without drawing pictures...

10:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*is proud to have is geekdom endorsed* How's practicum?

6:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home