Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And Love. Love above all. No, not the artful postures of love, but love that overthrows life. Ungovernable, unbiddable, like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done come ruin or rapture.

I want to get swept away, to levitate. I want to sing with rapture and dance like a dervish. Be deliriously happy, or at least leave myself open to be.

Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are going to end up with? I say fall head over your heels. Find someone you'll love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. Forget your head and listen to your heart.

Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey withouth falling deeply in love -- well, you haven't lived a life at all. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived.

Stay open. Who knows, lightning could strike.

Just think of millenia multiplied by aeons compounded by infinity, I've been around that long.

Now multiply it by infinity and take it to the depth of forever, and you still will barely have a glimpse of what I am talking about.

It nice it happen to you. It like you came to Cat Island and you had a holiday, sun didn't burn you red, just brown, no mosquito eat you, rum no pound you head nex' day. But trut' is, dat bound to happen, you stay long enough. So take dat nice picture wi' you, but don' be fooled. We lonely here mostly too. If we lucky, we got some nice pictures.

Lightning struck. We caught it in a bottle. Don't let it out.

Trust, responsibility , taking the weight, for your choices and feelings and spending the rest of your life living up to them. And above all, not hurting the object of your love.

A man who will love her, who is of this world, of this time and has the grace and compassion and fortitude to walk beside her as she makes her way through this beautiful thing called life.

If you choose to test my resolve on this matter, you'll be looking at an outcome that will have a finality that is beyond your comprehension, you'll not only be counting the days or the months or the years, but millenia in the house with no doors.

That you would have a life where you can wake up one morning and say "I don't want anything more."

_________________

in case you are wondering what the whole load of stuff above were about... well... i got bored at work, as i'm wont to, and i started thinking about some movies that i watched. it started with shakespeare in love (the bit about wanting poetry and love in my life, yadaydayada), then i thought about "Meet Joe Black". so the rest of what came after that were lines from "Meet Joe Black".

it is a fantastic show. well... perhaps i found it wonderful cos i'm such a... soppy guy. and perhaps more wonderful cos of the situation under which i watched it.

as i read the screenplay... the images came into my mind. the pining. the longing. life. death.

i have an entire slew of emotions which i originally wanted to put down in words. the desire to write it all out was so intense while i was reading the screenplay. but now, after a trip to the toilet, it has dissipated. and as the intensity fades, i can't find the words.

one look and a twinkle in the eyes. one smile and the innocent joy. a gentle touch and the comforting assurance. a hug and the warmth.

1 Comments:

Blogger loren said...

man.. i thought i'd found my soulmate.

then i find out that it's from meet black pitt??! -grumble-

10:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home