Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Badminton match

it was a match that didn't matter. regardless of the outcome of that particular match, the team would have been placed third. nonetheless, the pair played their best. they lost the first set. in the second set, they were 20-14 down. one more mistake and the match is gone. the pair steadied their nerves, held out against the relentless assualt of their opponents. point by point, they ran their opponents down. when they eventually won that set, a rapturous cheer went out from the crowd who supported them. i swear, i had goosepimples.

in the third set, they played hard. they did all they could, but they have not trained for a long while and the game took its toll on them. they saved 3 match points, but eventually broke, losing 23-25.

winning and losing was secondary. of course it didn't feel good that they lost. what was important was that they went down fighting. they displayed their grit. and the crowd cheered, not only for them, but for their opponents. that's the kind of spirit we are proud of.

well done guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home