Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Brave New World

had a MSN conversation with a friend. and she was telling me that Brave New World is her lit text for her A-Levels. so had a short discussion with her about it. she was repulsed by the world that Huxley invented. and i explained that repulsion thus:

it's just like... imagine a stone age man. he'll NEVER be able to live in our world. so the way we look at the Brave New World is like neantherdals (however you spell that word) looking at our world. but most of us would say that our world is an improvement from the neantherdals'. so perhaps the BNW is indeed an improvement, but because it is so drastically different, we reject it vehemently, as we do most things that are too radical.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like Brave New World either... But I think what I remember disliking the most is how ridiculous it is for the boy to keep punishing himself so needlessly...

2:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home