Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Parental Guidance

i watched the last episode of season one of Parental Guidance. as far as a Singaporean sitcom goes, i thought it was not bad. i quite liked the accent that they did. reminded me of UK (which recently, i've been thinking a lot of... i miss that place greatly...)

i particularly loved the scene where James (played by Adrian Pang) and Ling (played by... erm... don't know who...) were 'facing off'. Ling was about to go to London, just at the point when they realised that they do have feelings for each other. the tension, the emotions were absolutely brilliantly portrayed. i think Adrian Pang is a fantastic actor (what a waste to be in Mediacorp...) and the person who acted as Ling did a fantastic job too... somehow, something in that scene, because of the way the portrayed it, because of the way the shot just lingered on them for that brief moment, as they stood there in silence.. something about that resonated with me.

partings. i have had problems handling those. and on my way home, i realised that this batch of students that i have would be the only batch of students from this school that i would see through their entire 2 years in JC. it is very likely that i would leave as they leave.

sigh...

一切恩爱会,皆由因缘合,会合有别离,无常难得久。但难得才可贵。眼前的一切因缘都要好好珍惜,尤其是家长。树欲静而风不止,子欲养而亲不在。

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I do really love the parental guidance. And Ling is acted by Jessica Hsuan from HK, who is my favorite actress.

12:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home