Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cliffhanger

Red Cliff ended on a cliffhanger of sorts. and rather abruptly. i think it paid way too much attention to details. despite that... it was an alright show. wouldn't mind watching how John Woo ends it.

one thought though... despite having all the supposed best generals (the famed Five Tiger Generals) and one of the most celebrated tactician in Chinese history, Zhuge Liang, Liu Bei still lost. in fact... so did Cao Cao nor Sun Quan or their descendents.

i think this proves that heroes do not gaurantee victory, genius does not gaurantee triumph. any army or organisation, country or society that depends entirely on a select group of exceptional people will inevitably fail in the long run. and that's why dynasties inevitably fail. because statistically, a family's luck will run out sooner or later and you will have an idiot rising to power.

so what's the solution to this problem of creating a sustainable society with a stable political landscape? i don't know. i'm still thinking about it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home