Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Crisis!

Singapore is facing a crisis. a fabric crisis. no... not the social fabric (i've decided not to talk about serious political issues for the time being now remember?). but fabric of the textiles sort.

as Cheng pointed out when he was here, girls seem to be considerably less clothed than their KL counterparts, as if they were allergic to textiles or something.

what i don't understand though, is that why, when women dress so scantily and yet get so annoyed when we guys look (ok... stare/gawk) at them. shouldn't they be gladdened that they are attracting attention? is that not their intention for dressing so scantily? to show off for people to appreciate the works of art that they (or rather, some of them) are?

speaking of aesthetic appreciation, i really can't understand the Turner prize. there's this bit of installation art that was supposed to be a statement against the death penalty (seriousness alert!!! seriousness alert!!! seriousness alert!!!). but i refuse to think of it as art! if that can be art, then so is boobs flashing lady?

art, to me, must be pleasing to the eyes... like the cyooot waitresses at Sun with Moon (which, hopefully, i'll be having dinner at later...).

but then again, that's my point of view, my own delusion. if anyone insists on his/her delusions that the turner prize winning piece this year and that piece about the death penalty is art... well... you are well entitled that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home