Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Civil Society

i think that the recent Highnotes Minibonds debacle has demonstrated that Singaporeans do have the ability to spontaneously organise themselves for a cause that they care passionately about. just that this cause has nothing to do with freedom of speech, freedom of expression, human rights, etc.

this however, doesn't mean that civil society in Singapore is dead. it just reflects the priorities of the people, that Singaporeans, in general, is very pragmatic. i think the government would do well to recognise 2 things:
  1. safeguard our livelihoods. ensure that people's wealth is well taken care off.
  2. if not, Singaporeans can very quickly organise themselves to show their displeasure and take action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home