Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Where am I headed to? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea. A cynic, an idealist, a person with ideas, but NATO. Am I? I really don't know. RNFI. Really No F**king Idea.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Random Findings

We don't see any purpose dictated to human beings in nature. Human life does have a purpose, but it is a purpose that we invent for ourselves. It takes a certain act of courage to look at nature, not see any plan for human beings in there and yet go on and live good lives, love each other, create beautiful things, explore the universe. All these take more courage without having some divine plan that we discover, but one that we rather create for ourselves.

~~ Steven Weinberg, interview with Newsweek

this so much better describes what i was trying to say in response to the question Emz posed regarding the meaning and purpose of life.

i'd rather not have a divine plan that i merely follow. i'd rather be the one creating my own story, for better or worse, blemish and spots and all.

i pulled of the quote from XH's blog. he had something about how he thinks it is not right to concoct the essence of human and attribute that to a glorious creation. this reminded me of the analogy of a lotus that is so often used in Buddhist philosophy.

a lotus grows out from mud but yet it is beautiful. we may start off as base, grow up in less than ideal conditions, but that doesn't mean that we have to be tainted by our environment, that should not stop us from being beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home